Ithaca Children's Garden loves its volunteers!
Bees buzz, chickens scratch, plants grow and produce, and children learn and play. Behind the scenes are the super stars of this vibrant organization: Our Volunteers!
ICG has a tiny little staff. The garden only happens because of volunteers just like you. Whether you've visited with your toddler once and watered our veggie plants, or you've attended every volunteer day (and then some) ready to spend hours doing heavy labor, your contribution makes our garden grow.
Current Volunteer Opportunities with Ithaca Children's Garden:
- Chicken Keepers: We are building our chicken-care team! Chickens need to be let out in the early morning and tucked away around sunset, and food and water need to be refilled daily. Our most urgent need is weekday mornings. Contact: email@example.com or (607) 272-2292
- Office Administration and Communications: Do you have top-notch organizational skills, an eye for detail, and experience delivering excellent customer service? ICG's HQ wants YOU! Help us behind the scenes as we work to fine-tune the inner-workings of Ithaca Children's Garden's signature programs, events, outreach and marketing efforts, and so very much more. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (607) 272-2292
- Event Planning Committee Members: Do you love a good party, and love making one happen? ICG puts on lots and lots of good parties all year long, and we never have too much help! We'd love you on our team for planning anything from ReJunevate and International Mud Day in June to Festival of Fire and Ice in February. Contact:email@example.com or (607) 272-2292
ICG Volunteer Academy!
Volunteer Wednesdays - Party in the Garden
Welcome to Volunteer Wednesdays - Party in the Garden!
From March 18 - October 28, every Wednesday evening from 5:30-7:30pm, we will host a volunteer session so many hands (even the littlest ones) can tackle bigger projects together, learning along the way. Of course, there will be snacks, music, gifts, and hopefully lots of laughter! If you go home dirty and happy, we've done our job!
2015 Learn and Grow Series
And because we believe learning is fun, on the first Wednesday of each month we will offer an in-depth one-hour class about a particular topic, then spend the next hour putting our new skills into practice in the garden. The classes are fee-based and open to all, but regular volunteers will earn free classes (and other free stuff) using a frequent volunteer stamp card. Mark your calendar now and check back for details.
- October 7: Bulbs - Flowers and Garlic
- November: Volunteer Thank You Party!