Join ICG’s Communications Committee!
ICG is reenergizing our Communications Committee which supports ICG in highlighting our values of inclusion, telling stories of impact, and showcasing Garden activities throughout the year in each of our Communication mediums.
Chaired by Board Member Kate Travis, supported by Communications Coordinator, Monique Caraballo, and backed by the entire staff and board, we are dedicated to authentic work that dismantles racist power structures and other barriers that prevent BIPOC from feeling or being safe and welcome at Ithaca Children’s Garden, and in the great outdoors.
Because our primary audiences are children and their caregivers, committee members should have a close association with and knowledge of the needs of children and/or families, whether through work, parenting or personal experience, or community connections.
What we ask:
- A 2-hour per month commitment for a minimum of a 1-year term
- Interest or experience in communications work, and ICG’s current communications presence
- Internet connectivity to participate in remote meetings
- Familiarity with Google Groups and Slack or willingness to learn
- Responsiveness for tasks including but not limited to: scheduling upcoming meetings, giving feedback on agendas, providing edits on press releases, photographing events and programs at the Garden, etc
- Interest and commitment to ICG’s mission, vision, and values, the Garden, and programs.
What we provide:
- Respect for you and your time: we will set agendas ahead and establish a respectful space for honest and constructive idea sharing that leads to action and implementation.
- Reasonable accommodations to enable participation of interested individuals.
- A meeting schedule that responds to committee members availability.
ICG strives to be a place for ALL to play, learn, and grow, relying on a variety of perspectives at the table. We strongly encourage folks with identities or voices that have been systematically oppressed to join. If you know someone who may be interested and qualified for this volunteer position, please pass this along.
Thank you for considering this opportunity.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest or to learn more.