How do we stay connected to nature from inside our homes?
ICG Philanthropy Associate Tori Chamberlin is staying connected to nature from home by birdwatching right from her window!
Want to spark a love of birds in your little – or not so little! – one? Check out these bird-related kids’ activities!
Activities from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology:
- The Bird Academy Play Lab has so many fun games that explore flight, song, dance, feathers, and so much more!
- The Cornell Lab’s K-12 Education team has produced this amazing curriculum of bird focused Science & Nature Activities for Cooped Up Kids. The series covers bird diversity, courtship, life cycles, and more!
Activities from the National Audubon Society:
- Prevent bird collisions by making bird-shaped window decals. Materials: Elmer’s glue, dish soap, plastic wrap, paintbrush, markers for decorating
- Invite birds to your backyard – and make your visitors very happy! – by stringing nuts and berries around a bush or railing. Materials: needle, thread, peanuts, cranberries
- Use an old cake pan to DIY a bird bath in your backyard! Materials: old pan, water, rocks or a flat stone